Monday, March 24, 2008

How To Create An Internet Presence

This blog is about how I'm creating a diversified internet presence. As a talent, I want as much exposure as I can get, and since media is headed (actually already there) to the internet, I need to focus on creating a presence in cyberspace (the virtual world of internet activity). Now, in creating my presence, I want it to be a consistant presence accross the board. So, I created four sites; (1) http://www.steviemack.com/ (2) a myspace.com page (3) a youtube.com page and (4) a web blog at blogger.com...all under the same name; Comedian Stevie Mack. I owned the domain name steviemack.com before I embarked upon my diversification, but then after a few web searches and misdirections, I started putting Comedian before my name to distinguish me from the other Stevie Macks out there (there are a few..a DJ, a Realtor,an Artist and a few others) The way I am branding myself is to make my name and what I do uniquely synonomous. When someone is looking for either of these words, COMEDIAN...STEVIE...or MACK, they will get me. Because I am working hard to drive traffic to my sites, my name gets thrown around in cyberspace a lot, thus creating greater chances that I drive traffic to my sites. Once I get tarffic built up at these sites through networking in the real world and in cyberspace, a person can go to any search engine like Google or Yahoo and type in either of these words, COMEDIAN...STEVIE...or MACK and all the links containing my name will come up on the first page of that search engine. What do I post at my sites? What do I blog about? These two things are very important.
#1) At my websites I post information that makes the visitor want to do business with me..nothing tricky or gimmicky, simply good old fashioned quality customer service, product and information. My site should be easy to use and navigate. My site should point the visitor in the direction of my objective, whether it is to sell them a product, gain their sympathy, invite them to a function or develop a fan base. In my case it's all of the above, so I have to have a creative approach that doesn't confuse them. That's why I have to have more that one web site. Each site serves a certain purpose, has a main theme and a main selling point/product, yet each one will refer the visitor to the others, this is called cross promotion.
#2) My web blogs should be helpful information that people can learn from and something they would refer others to. Sure, I can write blogs filled with my wild adventures hunting sharks, but who cares about that? Even if they did enjoy it, will they tell their friends to go read it? That's why my web blogs should be informative and useful. One of my blogs at http://comediansteviemack.blogspot.com/ talks about How To Deal With Hecklers, another there talks about How To Deal With Stage Fright. These are both informative and helpful for entertainers on all levels; Michael Richards should have read my blog before he performed at the Laugh Factory and he would have avoided a lot of pain...or not. Information is only good if the person who recieves it uses it wisely. So, until later, Peace!
-Comedian Stevie Mack
Comedian Stevie Mack of Los Angeles, California can be seen on BET, Comedy Central, UPN, Sci Fi Channel, PPV and a host of music videos, comedy clubs and colleges in natural-space, outter-space and cyber-space!
Website:http://www.steviemack.com/
Youtube:http://www.youtube.com/user/ComedianStevieMack
Myspace:http://www.myspace.com/ComedianStevieMack
Blogspot:http://comediansteviemack.blogspot.com/
Email:steviemack@steviemack.com

No comments: